- Solid Waste
- US Flag & Prescription Drug Collection Boxes
US Flag & Prescription Drug Collection Boxes
US Flag Collection Box
As a revered symbol of the United States of America, the flag demands the highest level of respect; and as such should be disposed of in a respectable manner in accordance with the United States Flag Code.
You can be certain that the appropriate traditions will be observed when you bring your flag to the collection box sponsored by the VFW Post 845 and Hopewell Troop 8 and located in the parking lot of the East Brandywine Township Building, 1214 Horseshoe Pike, Downingtown, PA 19335.
The collection box is accessible twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Prescription Drug Take-Back Box
The Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Take-Back Program is focused on alleviating the health and safety concerns from the diversion and abuse of prescription drugs by helping our citizens properly dispose of unused prescription medications. Many young people who abuse prescription drugs take them from medicine cabinets. Keeping unused opioids or other common drugs of abuse in a medicine cabinet is no longer safe or responsible.
There is a prescription drop-off box located in the lobby of the Township Building located at 1214 Horseshoe Pike. The box is accessible during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
HOW TO PREPARE ITEMS FOR DISPOSAL
- All pharmaceutical drugs to be disposed must be placed in a sealed container such as the original bottle or zip-lock bag.
- Personal information should be removed or marked out with a permanent marker.
YOU CAN DISPOSE OF
- Prescription and over-the-counter solid medications such as tablets and capsules.
- Pet medicines.
YOU MAY NOT DROP OFF
- Liquids including ointments, lotions, and intravenous solutions
- Injectables, syringes, and needles (including EpiPens). These need to be taken to a health care professional's office or to a hospital for disposal.
- Compressed cylinders or aerosols (such as asthma inhalers).
- Alcohol & illicit drugs (such as marijuana, heroin, or LSD).